My Areas of Specialism
- Relationship Counselling and Relational Psychotherapy
- Counselling and Psychotherapeutic approaches covered in my training are:
- Person Centred, Psychodynamic, Systemic, Object Relations, Transactional Analysis and Life and Executive Coaching
It is in relationships that we discover different aspects of ourselves. This can vary from different relationships. Relationships form a massive part of how we feel about ourselves. Our patterns are important and learning more about ourselves through gentle exploration can be really enlightening. If trauma has been experienced through relationship this may impact how we are in relationships and who we might be attracted to.
Online Counselling and Psychotherapy can now be accessed through Zoom and Skype and other online forums.
- Counselling Skills – level 2 - CPCAB
- Counselling Studies – level 3 - CPCAB
- Children’s Counselling Certificate – Relate Institute – (written by Margot Sunderland.)
- Advanced Diploma – Relationship Counselling – Relate Institute – Hull University - level 6
- Advanced Diploma – Transactional Analysis, Iron Mill - level 7 ( 4 year part-time training )
- Life and Business Coaching - Final Assessment = Distinction – (Dissertation pending)
I have a Masters in Human Resources which means I am Chartered MCIPD qualified in People Management and Development. My experience prior to this professionally was gained in the Private and Public Sector including Travel, Fashion Retail, Consultancies and Local Government.
I am originally from South London and now reside in Dorset. I have spent time living and working overseas experiencing different people and cultures. My work has always been people and customer focused and working with people across different cultures.
I have a back ground in Training and was the Training Lead as well as a practitioner for Relate Dorset for 11 years. I now work in Private Practice and offer some funded slots for individuals who are in difficult circumstances.
I am a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy and work to their code of ethics. I am a student member of UKATA. The United Kingdom Association of Transactional Analysts.